ABOUT the job
We are seeking a motivated DevOps Engineer to join our fast-paced, growing organization. We are passionate about using the latest technology and cloud-based tools to tackle large-scale challenges. Qualified candidates should have an appreciation for running platforms in the cloud with respect to security, scalability, resiliency, cost, performance, and complexity. Experience implementing solutions in a commercial cloud service is a strong plus. A successful candidate should be self-directed and excited about working with both current and emerging technologies.
Required Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of experience working with at least one of the major cloud service - -providers: AWS, GCP, Azure.
- 3+ years of experience using configuration management and cloud orchestration technologies such as Ansible, Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation.
- Experience implementing fully automated CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions, or Github Packages.
- Working knowledge of Gitflow Workflow
- Experience implementing containerized deployments for enterprise level applications using Docker.
- Experience using Kubernetes for container cluster management and scaling.
- Experience implementing logging and monitoring solutions using the ELK stack or similar tool sets such as Prometheus, Datadog, Nagios, or AWS CloudWatch.
- Experience working with tools such as Maven, Gradle, Ant, NPM, or Yarn.
- Experience working with Linux based frameworks (Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat, Centos, Fedora) is a plus
- Working knowledge of distributed systems and concepts such as data consistency. Experience with NoSQL and/or relational databases is a plus.
- Working knowledge of HTTP load balancers such as Nginx or HAProxy is a plus.
- Superior communication and technical writing skills, with ability to engage, present, and communicate with senior technical and business stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and issues with project timeframes or scope and manage expectations with all involved stakeholders.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science, or equivalent experience.