ABOUT the job
The position is based in Nearshore, with functional report to the Web & Apps Head of Sector and support from the Software Engineering platform owner based, both based in Geneva.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ABOUT the candidate
▪ University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
▪ 5+ years of TypeScript front-end development (Angular, React) with focus on Single Page Applications and Progressive Web App)
▪ 5+ years of TypeScript backend development (NodeJS).
▪ Proficiency with NoSQL database development and/or PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server database development.
▪ Strong expertise in release engineering and automation (CI/CD) for mobile applications (including delivery to AppStore or Play Store, TestFlight, Fastlane)
▪ Proficiency with ReactJS, Angular, HTML5 and CSS3
▪ Authentication configuration (NTLM, Kerberos, Oauth2)
▪ Continuous testing and automated test plan
▪ Minimum 1 year of proven experience of efficient working with a remote manager
▪ Experience with help desk procedures, user support or system maintenance
▪ Expert with use, deployment or training on information systems
▪ Very good command of English (oral & written)
▪ Very good analytical skills, able to work in local or remote teams as well as independently
▪ Proven interpersonal skills and able to interfere with or coordinate stakeholders across different teams (internal or external), with or without direct hierarchical relation, for specific support activities
▪ Proven regular contact with the business teams
▪ End-user service oriented, open-minded and adaptable
▪ Well organized, able to work under pressure and manage emergencies
As a plus
▪ Integration automation through scripts (Powershell, bash, etc…) experience is a plus (CI/CD)
▪ container orchestration with Kubernetes, Swarm or Openshift
▪ Dev-Ops/Dev-Sec-Ops experience
▪ Azure DevOps or JIRA advanced usage and/or administration
▪ Software Engineering Platform
▪ Web & Mobile Platform
▪ Software Factory Platform
▪ Head of Sector Web & Apps
▪ BSSC L2 and L3 teams
▪ Application Service Center (Nearshore team)
▪ Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
▪ Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
▪ Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
▪ Always respect and observe staff regulations and security rules
▪ Always represent the ICRC in a professional manner
▪ Develop and maintain a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
▪ Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
▪ May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and provide support to other sectors when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Be the L3 support and subject matter expert for an applications portfolio
o direct contact with the business as well as the Release Manager
o direct relationship with the external provider in an autonomous way
o be the escalation point for L2 teams for complex cases and requests that could not be fulfilled and enrich knowledge base accordingly.
▪ Collaborate with the infrastructure teams (network, system, monitoring) in order to carry out this support
▪ Develop and implement scripts and programs in various languages like SQL stored procedures, PowerShell, Java, etc.
▪ Manages some requests/technical issues opened by the users, builds the Knowledge Database and contributes to the evolution and the maintenance of the application / tools.
▪ Propose and carry out process optimization in order to avoid recurring issues.
▪ Active participation in release and deployment of new features/versions (testing and remote training)
▪ Anticipates, identifies, investigates and documents recurrent data and technical/functional issues
▪ Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
▪ Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
Nice To Have Skills