The position is based in Nearshore, with functional report to the Web & Apps Head of Sector and support from the Software Engineering platform owner based, both based in Geneva.
▪ University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
▪ 5+ years of TypeScript front-end development (Angular, React) with focus on Single Page Applications and Progressive Web App)
▪ 5+ years of TypeScript backend development (NodeJS).
▪ Proficiency with NoSQL database development and/or PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server database development.
▪ Strong expertise in release engineering and automation (CI/CD) for mobile applications (including delivery to AppStore or Play Store, TestFlight, Fastlane)
▪ Proficiency with ReactJS, Angular, HTML5 and CSS3
▪ Authentication configuration (NTLM, Kerberos, Oauth2)
▪ Continuous testing and automated test plan
▪ Minimum 1 year of proven experience of efficient working with a remote manager
▪ Experience with help desk procedures, user support or system maintenance
▪ Expert with use, deployment or training on information systems
▪ Very good command of English (oral & written)
▪ Very good analytical skills, able to work in local or remote teams as well as independently
▪ Proven interpersonal skills and able to interfere with or coordinate stakeholders across different teams (internal or external), with or without direct hierarchical relation, for specific support activities
▪ Proven regular contact with the business teams
▪ End-user service oriented, open-minded and adaptable
▪ Well organized, able to work under pressure and manage emergencies
As a plus
▪ Integration automation through scripts (Powershell, bash, etc…) experience is a plus (CI/CD)
▪ container orchestration with Kubernetes, Swarm or Openshift
▪ Dev-Ops/Dev-Sec-Ops experience
▪ Azure DevOps or JIRA advanced usage and/or administration
▪ Software Engineering Platform
▪ Web & Mobile Platform
▪ Software Factory Platform
▪ Head of Sector Web & Apps
▪ BSSC L2 and L3 teams
▪ Application Service Center (Nearshore team)
▪ Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
▪ Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
▪ Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
▪ Always respect and observe staff regulations and security rules
▪ Always represent the ICRC in a professional manner
▪ Develop and maintain a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
▪ Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
▪ May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and provide support to other sectors when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Be the L3 support and subject matter expert for an applications portfolio
o direct contact with the business as well as the Release Manager
o direct relationship with the external provider in an autonomous way
o be the escalation point for L2 teams for complex cases and requests that could not be fulfilled and enrich knowledge base accordingly.
▪ Collaborate with the infrastructure teams (network, system, monitoring) in order to carry out this support
▪ Develop and implement scripts and programs in various languages like SQL stored procedures, PowerShell, Java, etc.
▪ Manages some requests/technical issues opened by the users, builds the Knowledge Database and contributes to the evolution and the maintenance of the application / tools.
▪ Propose and carry out process optimization in order to avoid recurring issues.
▪ Active participation in release and deployment of new features/versions (testing and remote training)
▪ Anticipates, identifies, investigates and documents recurrent data and technical/functional issues
▪ Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
▪ Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
This is a full-time job opportunity, where you’d be working on projects lasting 12 months on average. At the end of the period, you will be able to continue being a Pro Consultant by getting assigned to another exciting project. The continuity of your permanent employment with all social and additional benefits included is guaranteed by Motion Software.
SEE THE BENEFITS