ABOUT the job
We're on the hunt for a rockstar Senior NLP/ML Engineer to join our crew. As part of our Engineering squad, you'll team up with other data scientists and software engineers to help create cutting-edge ML decision systems for processing insurance claims. You'll be a crucial player in designing and building these top-notch systems, so get ready to bring your A-game!
The business unit that you'll be working on focuses on automating insurance claim subrogation for auto, workers compensation, property and general liability claims.
It leverages data analysis and AI/Machine learning packaged into a smart workflow engine to :
• Identify claims with subrogation potential
• Minimize the impact of subrogation team turnover
• Decrease the administrative costs of subrogation
•Simplify and optimize cross-carrier interaction
UI for the smart workflow engine is built specifically for subrogation business processes, bringing together data for decision-making related to the recovery process and tracking. This includes automated processing of demand packages, settlements and payments.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
This company is top player in the vehicle lifecycle game! They're all about helping the people who make, insure, repair, and replace cars step up their transportation game using some seriously rad tech, like mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car stuff. They've built a huge network of over 350 insurance companies, 24,000 repair facilities, OEMs, tons of parts suppliers, and other data and service providers to help their clients make better decisions, work faster, and create an awesome experience for their customers.
And get this – they're a pretty big deal! They were ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago (which is like THE online community for digital tech entrepreneurs in Chicago), and Forbes named them one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019. With over 2,600 full-time employees (plus 350 contractors), they're keeping things real in their sweet downtown Chicago headquarters at the historic Merchandise Mart building. Plus, it's totally eco-friendly – it's LEED certified and a total tech hub in the city.
We've won some pretty sweet awards too - like the Innovation Championship by Zurich, where we snagged 1st place out of 1,300 solutions from all over the world. We also won the Global Silver Award for Innovation in Insurance out of 359 innovations from 45 countries. And to top it all off, we were voted one of "the 3 best innovations at a global level" in InsurTech. Plus, Plug and Play Insurance Partners voted us as the #1 InsurTech. We're pretty proud of all that!
ABOUT the candidate
As a Senior NLP/ML Engineer on our team, you'll be joining us in making a big difference in the world of insurance. You'll be a key player in designing and building our state-of-the-art ML decision systems and helping us revolutionize the subrogation game. Are you ready to make an impact with us?
• Experience in Machine Learning/ Data Scientist (e.g. ML algorithm selection, feature engineering, model training, hyperparameter tuning, distributed model training, supervised and unsupervised learning implementation, building model pipelines, using Machine Learning tools/libraries/frameworks)
• Experience with language modeling (e.g., transformers, Hugging Face, FastText, Named • Entity Recognistion, text cleaning)
• Advanced knowledge of Python (native, Pandas, ScikitLearn, Tensorflow or Pytorch, PyStats)
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and Data Modeling
• Experience in study design: power analysis and schema definition
• Proficiency in both written and verbal communication, required for a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
• Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose iterative solutions
• Experience owning a feature from concept to production, including proposal, discussion and execution
• Self-motivated and self-managed with strong organizational skills
And it would be even more awesome if you had:
• A Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other quantitative fields
• 3+ years MLOps experience (e.g. model versioning, model and data lineage, monitoring, model hosting and deployment, scalability, orchestration, continuous learning)
• Hands-on experience in ETL Development leveraging Python and Spark/Scala
• Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR, Glue, etc.)
• Background in financial services including banking, insurance, or an equivalent field
• Experience creating orchestration workflows with tools such as Airflow, Kubeflow or AWS Step Functions
• DevOps experience (e.g. CI/CD Pipelines, Infrastructure as Code, containers, Agile software development)
• Experience working with data streaming technologies (Kafka, Spark Streaming, etc.)
• Proven success in communicating with customers (internal and external), other technical teams, and senior management in order to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including Agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing and operations
Nice To Have Skills
When you join our stellar team, you'll get tons of cool benefits, like:
• Building your skills with our Client Engagement team, who can help with all kinds of projects.
• Joining our awesome community of like-minded folks.
• Becoming a mentor or speaker and getting rewarded for it – both emotionally and financially!
• Attending meetups as a speaker or listener to learn and grow.
• We're all about broadening our horizons and sharing knowledge – so don't be afraid to ask questions and get curious!