We are a fast-growing start-up aimed at making retail transparent. We believe that direct contact between brands and consumers in retail should be the norm, as it enables brands to innovate and create products that are adapted to consumer needs and ultimately make the world a better place. We facilitate the connection between brands and consumers through physical store(s) and an online e-commerce marketplace.
With a strong focus on technology, we solve problems for brands and consumers by thinking outside the box and breaking away from the conservative retail model. Our team, full of enterprising thinkers, is located in the heart of Amsterdam. After launching our first flagship store and online marketplace in October 2019, we are rapidly expanding to other cities and countries. Do you want to be part of the ride? We are looking for an experienced developer to work on our Shopping Marketplace and Brand Management System
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- Master of Ruby on Rails
- Experienced in PostgreSQL and MySQL
- A developer with at least 5 years of experience
How we work:
- We follow Scrum as our development methodology.
- We work in sprints of one week, which contain a demo and planning meeting.
- We use daily standups to make sure everybody is synced.
- We version our code using Git. Each feature is developed in isolation and can only be merged into the base branch after a review and approval.
- We use continuous integration to make sure each push is automatically tested against our test suite.
- Deployments to production will first be tested for acceptance on a staging environment.
This is a full-time job opportunity, where you’d be working on projects lasting 12 months on average. At the end of the period, you will be able to continue being a Pro Consultant by getting assigned to another exciting project. The continuity of your permanent employment with all social and additional benefits included is guaranteed by Motion Software.