What to expect?
We need you to build systems for scalable and innovative solutions with Caspar!
Caspar-Health was founded in 2016 to revolutionize the world of therapies. Currently access to medical therapies (i.e., prevention or rehabilitation) is restricted, and patients often do not get the best possible treatment for their recovery. By using the Caspar-Health App, we allow patients to overcome the limited access to temporal and on-site therapy and enable them to exercise anytime and anywhere.
With Caspar, therapists create and share therapy plans with their patients, and both parties interact with each other remotely. Caspar-Health works with the most valued medical facilities in Germany. We are a leader among B2B2C tele-therapy platforms.
We are looking for a highly motivated (Senior) Backend Engineer (all genders) to join our team in Berlin. We have just finished migrating our current infrastructure to a modern solution. And we are working on improving our technology stack. It is an exciting time to work at Caspar because you can learn new technologies, and you will be the one designing how the system will work in the future.
You will be responsible for the backend development in one of our cross-functional teams. Furthermore, you will support us in defining a new strategy for our future backend development.
As part of our Backend Team, you will:
- Take responsibility for developing CASPAR Health from day one
- Implement new features and improve the product’s stability and performance
- Help us on our mission making our backend system more resilient, scalable and maintainable
- Work in an agile setting and participate in SCRUM
- Interact closely with our design and product teams
You are a fit for this role if you have:
- At least 3+ years of experience working with large distributed systems
- Solid CS fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- Worked with any of the backend programming languages in production, preferably Ruby, Go, Kotlin/JVM
- Experience using PostgreSQL or any other relational database technologies in production grade applications
- Experience with AWS or at least one another cloud provider
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes)
- A high bar for the quality of code and performance
- Ability to work collaboratively and share knowledge with other team members
- Focus on documentation
- Willingness to work in a SCRUM environment
On top of that:
- Experience with testing frameworks in different languages is a plus
- Additional experience with NoSQL databases is a plus
- Experience with NodeJS is a plus
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Experience with gRPC is a plus
- Experience with Terraform is a plus
- Keen interest in other development areas, like mobile and web development, to grow into a full-stack developer role
- Ability to work independently
This is a full-time job opportunity, where you’d be working on projects lasting 12 months on average. At the end of the period, you will be able to continue being a Pro Consultant by getting assigned to another exciting project. The continuity of your permanent employment with all social and additional benefits included is guaranteed by Motion Software.
SEE THE BENEFITS