ABOUT the job
SafeKeep provides an amazing platform that's all about automating insurance claim subrogation for auto, workers compensation, property, and general liability claims. We use data analysis and AI/Machine learning packaged into a smart workflow engine to do some pretty amazing things like identifying claims with subrogation potential, minimizing the impact of team turnover, and decreasing administrative costs. Our platform brings together all the data you need to make smart decisions about and track the recovery process, including demand packages, settlements, and payments. Plus, we're all about carrier-to-carrier collaboration to standardize and streamline the interaction. We're so awesome that in 2020, we won the Innovation Championship by Zurich, the Innovation in Insurance awards Global Silver Award, and were voted the #1 InsurTech by Plug and Play Insurance Partners. Join our team and be a part of the future of InsurTech!
Remote (Hungary, Poland)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
This company is top player in the vehicle lifecycle game! They're all about helping the people who make, insure, repair, and replace cars step up their transportation game using some seriously rad tech, like mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car stuff. They've built a huge network of over 350 insurance companies, 24,000 repair facilities, OEMs, tons of parts suppliers, and other data and service providers to help their clients make better decisions, work faster, and create an awesome experience for their customers. And get this – they're a pretty big deal! They were ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago (which is like THE online community for digital tech entrepreneurs in Chicago), and Forbes named them one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019. With over 2,600 full-time employees (plus 350 contractors), they're keeping things real in their sweet downtown Chicago headquarters at the historic Merchandise Mart building. Plus, it's totally eco-friendly – it's LEED certified and a total tech hub in the city. We've won some pretty sweet awards too - like the Innovation Championship by Zurich, where we snagged 1st place out of 1,300 solutions from all over the world. We also won the Global Silver Award for Innovation in Insurance out of 359 innovations from 45 countries. And to top it all off, we were voted one of "the 3 best innovations at a global level" in InsurTech. Plus, Plug and Play Insurance Partners voted us as the #1 InsurTech. We're pretty proud of all that!
ABOUT the candidate
We're on the hunt for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our amazing team! As a member of our Engineering crew, you'll be coding modules for infrastructure, application, and processes in the cloud that are totally secure. You'll work with both our internal and external customers to gather requirements and collaborate with other Software/Data Engineers, Product Managers, and Data Scientists on the design and implementation details to create automation software that rocks. We need someone who loves tackling complex problems and thrives in sophisticated integrations, events, and data streaming architectures. In this role, you'll be a technical wizard with major scope and impact. If you're up for the challenge, join us and let's make some magic together!
• 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist
• 1+ years of hands-on experience working with AWS in a production environment
• Familiarity with AWS services such as IAM, AWS Lambda, EC2, ECS
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing, and firewall
• Experience with automating cloud-native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure
• Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools
• Experience developing cloud-native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Code Deploy (AWS), and/or GitLab
• Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology
• Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices
• Overlap with US hours ( CST) 3-4 hours / till 7pm CET
• Strong communication skills sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
Nice To Have Skills
When you join our stellar team, you'll get tons of cool benefits, like:
• Building your skills with our Client Engagement team, who can help with all kinds of projects.
• Joining our awesome community of like-minded folks.
• Becoming a mentor or speaker and getting rewarded for it – both emotionally and financially!
• Attending meetups as a speaker or listener to learn and grow.
• We're all about broadening our horizons and sharing knowledge – so don't be afraid to ask questions and get curious!